Q: Van squeaking and not starting all the time.

My Dodge Ram van sometimes will not start and needs to be jumped. It also overheats, but not all of the time. The Check Engine light comes on occasionally and the van makes a squeaking noise all of the time, sometimes louder than other times.

A: Assuming that the battery is good, yes a ju...

Assuming that the battery is good, yes a jump start will give it enough power to start the van. As for the overheating issue, since it is intermittent the most likely cause is air in the system. I would recommend enlisting the help of a quality technician, such as on from YourMechanic to inspect your cooling system for any issues. I would also recommend having the same tech take a look at your brakes and suspension system as that is the most likely place for the squeaking noise to be coming from. The most common cause of a noise like that on this particular vehicle would be a ball joint that has dried up, causing a noise when going over bumps and turning.