Q: Q: transmission issues

I've had issues with the transmission of the DCT system. 1st occasion at 12k miles, DCT was re-programmed due to rumbling/shaking transmission. Then it leaked at 30k miles and clutch had to be replaced. Then at 50k, I just had the computer transmission control module ("brain of the DCT") replaced due to malfunction. All work was covered by warranty, and covered now up to 100k miles. Should I dump the car or stick it out? I don't want to have further issues with these things.

Hello, if the repairs are covered under warranty it may be worth it to just have the manufacturer cover the cost of the repairs, assuming that they are carried out properly. A vehicle under 100k should not be having major issues, and most dealerships should be willing to help you with any sort of warranty repairs with little problems.

I would first try and find out some more information from your manufacturer about the vehicle. Specifically if these particular models of vehicle are known for having these types of issues. If they are, it may be a better use of your time and resources to get a different vehicle, if you do not wish to deal with any more potential issues. However, if the vehicle is still covered under warranty and the dealership is willing and able to make repairs, it may be worth it to stick it out.

3. Q: transmission issues