Q: Push gas in gear and it boggs down a lot

asked by on February 19, 2017

It started out by my sister flooding it and then it wouldn't start so I took the spark plugs out and clean them. It started and ran but it missed a little. Shortly after the pipe behind the catalytic converter fell off and right after that I got plugs and wires and changed them started the car and the idle was okay and then I put it in gear try to go and it runs real rough, real sluggy sounds like a hot rod. Was it kind of smells like rotten eggs.

It sounds like you may have an over fueling situation going on where the motor is being provided more fuel than it can efficiently burn, resulting in the raw fuel smell you describe. This can happen for many different reasons such as a bad O2 sensor, a faulty mass air flow sensor, a clogged or failing catalytic converter or a clogged or dirty EGR valve. Any of these can cause the motor to run a sluggish as you describe combined with the smell of raw fuel. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.