Q: Pontiac running hot

My car is running hot.

You are possibly low on coolant. Why the coolant is low or the engine is running hot can be anything from a thermostat, leak, radiator fans, to an major engine head gasket problem. When the vehicle is completely cold, check the fluid in the radiator at the front (not the clear overflow bottle). This will give you more insight if the vehicle is loosing coolant. A coolant pressure/leak-down test should be performed.

’Dex-Cool’ was initially installed on the vehicle. There have been problems related to a sludge build-up at this age and level of vehicle. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can assist you with diagnosis of your overheating problem.