Q: How do I disarm the theft-alarm system?

How do I disarm the theft-alarm system?

The theft-alarm system will be automatically disarmed whenever you unlock the vehicle.

Water linking only into the passenger side soaking the carpet.

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like you may have a clogged AC drain from debris. I recommend having the drain cleaned out from the engine compartment. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from...

Dealer where I purchased the vehicle stated my rotors were "all rotted" at my last service. Quote - $375.00 per axle? High?

Hello. 'Rotted' is an unusual term for brake rotor problems, but here we are. With your mileage, especially if you have lots of stop-and-go driving, brake service may be required. Dealers have a fairly high cost structure (building, test equipment,...

Battery light on and vehicle died while driving

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. First thing to do is get the new battery checked and new alternator checked. In my years as a mechanic, there has been multiple times when I have installed a new out-of-the-box item...

Why would a solenoid replacement , and spark plugs cost 943.

Hi Jacqueline: Spark plugs for your vehicle, if you buy them retail, over the counter, from any of the auto parts stores cost roughly $2 to $4 per plug, plus tax. Your vehicle has 4 cylinders so, of course, you...

How to disable alarm on a 97 acura rl

If you have a factory installed alarm system then you cannot disable it. If you have an aftermarket installed alarm system then it can be removed and connections cut restored to original configuration .

How often should I lubricate suspension? I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The published maintenance schedule for your vehicle only lists an inspection recommendation for the front suspension and that would be every 6,000 miles. There is no reference to lubricating ball joints or tie rod ends, on the maintenance schedule, presumably...

How do I scan the radio?

Scanning allows you to hear which radio stations are currently available. To scan, press the Scan button. The radio will find the next available station and play it for five second, then move on to the next station. When you...

What does the Malfunction Warning light mean?

The Malfunction Warning light is located on the instrument panel, and is connected to your emissions system. When your vehicle’s emissions are not as expected, the Malfunction Warning light will illuminate. The light will also come on if the system...

How do you use the seat belts correctly?

Seat belts aren’t all that complicated, but they must be used correctly in order for them to do their job. They’re more important than air bags, and are actually the only “lifesaving” features on your car. Using them incorrectly can...