Q: P1743

asked by on September 25, 2016

Good morning sir.i drve an American used mazda mpv 1997. Presently it is showing obd code P1743 . What does this mean and how do I correct it. Please take note that this is Lagos Nigeria were mechanic here have little knowledge and tools to work with.

This code is for a transmission overdrive solenoid problem. The overdrive solenoid would need to be tested to see if it has the proper resistance of 10 to 20 ohms. If it is okay then the harness will need to be checked. Also the transmission control module will need to be checked for problems and if it is okay then the module needs to be replaced. The most common problem is the overdrive solenoid and the transmission wire connections are bad or the solenoid is bad.