Q: My 2004 jeep cherokee turns off while driving

asked by on December 13, 2017

My 2004 jeep cherokee turns off while driving no warnings no light go off my dash stayes on and so does my radio but my steering wheel gets hard and so do my pedals after I try to turn it on it won't start it tries but it can't I let it sit for a few hours and it starts up like nothing some ties it take days to turn off again and sometimes it happends very often but since it turns on iknow my battery is good and so is my alternator but I don't know what it could be maybe my gas pump not pushing enough pressure ?

During one of the no start incidents, you can check for ignition and fuel pressure (including injector operation). Electrical components will sometimes cut out as heat builds (coils, for instance). But, if you test the appropriate components during the period in which it is not re-starting, you will find the interruption. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.