My passenger door won't unlock

My passenger door won't unlock Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? Idont know if its the actuator or the latch yes Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? ...

My passenger door won't unlock Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? Idont know if its the actuator or the latch yes Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2006 honda accord Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far? I tried to unlock it myself by using the buttons or the lock on the door but it won't move Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? It moves a little bit when I use the button

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern, so please allow up to 10 minutes for a reply. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. You can try to simultaneously hit the switch and work the lock button and pulling handles if that doesn't work you will have to pull the panel from the inside which often results in damaging the panel and then you can access the internals to inspect for loose or broken parts often times the latch is to blame for this problem and will need to be replaced.

thank for u for responding. I am going to give a little bit of back story on how my door got stuck. First the door was opening and closing just find , the problem was that it wasn't locking n was permanently unlock, so I push down the lock to see if could lock it manually n I did! but now the problem is it won't unlock like the problem I had before just the other way. So im thinking could it be the actuator? because it was opening n closing just find and every time I just the key buttons or the switch u hear the rotor try to move

heres a video
Automotive Expert
It could be yes, the only way to know is to gain access to check

How could I tell the difference between a latch needing to be repaired vs an actuator? The car door is clearly trying to unlock itself an making a sound as well as jumping but the lock pin won't come up, the issue I was having before forcing the pin down was the car not being able to lock by fob or button on the car.
Automotive Expert
you would have to check if all the rods are clear and no broken parts, check power to actuator, if you get a full 12v and good ground it will need to be replaced and check latch for proper working as well, you can use a screwdriver to operate it so you dont have to shut the door

What are the symptoms of a latch needing to be replaced and what are the symptoms of a actuator needing to be replaced?
Automotive Expert
the latch will be sticky and hard to open and levers wont move very well and actuator will do like yours is doing and be glitchy or make little to no movement. you must pull the door panel though to make sure there is nothing binding or broken.