Q: Clutch went soft and no longer with disengage/shift gears

asked by on December 08, 2016

on the highway, got cut off by another driver, stabbed pedal down along with brake out of natural habit. no longer had clutch after that moment, no resistance on pedal and no longer disengages or allows me to shift gears. when I got it home I looked for any fluid leaks and could not find any obvious fluids leaks anywhere including pulling the plug on the trans where the slave cylinder and throw out bearing are. I am pretty confident that it may be the master cylinder behind the pedal itself but have no way to confirm this exactly. please help

You most likely caused the internal piston in the clutch master cylinder to be damaged. I would recommend having the clutch pedal pushed while monitoring clutch to see if it is moving the clutch slave cylinder. If it is not moving the replace clutch master cylinder. Bleed out system and retest.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr