Q: Car is having trouble starting.

Hi I just recently had this issue where my Tahoe won't start. It first happened after I pumped $20 of gas and then drove no more than 100 feet and it shut off on me. The battery is new and I even had it tested to make sure it's okay and it is fine. I also pulled out the starter with the solenoid attached and tested it with jumper cables and it works perfectly well. I replaced the spark plugs after it shut off on me and still it won't start up. What could be the problem?

Are you sure you did not get bad or the wrong gas?

Chevy trucks are known for fuel related issues. I would start by connecting a fuel pressure gauge to your fuel rail attached to the top of your engine under the cover. With the gauge attached, turn the key on without starting, and the pressure should at least read 45 PSI. Then let the gauge sit for a few minutes. The pressure should not drop more than 5 PSI in 1 minute. If either of these tests do not meet specifications, then you likely need a fuel pump and filter. Other electrical issues feeding the fuel pump could also cause 0 PSI when the key is turned on (ignition switch, fuel pump relay, fuel pump fuse, fuel pump wiring).

If you have pressure and no leak down after 5 minutes, then I would suspect bad gas or a security system issue. If you need a diagnostic, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your starting issue and make the repairs that are needed.