Q: Wrench light came on truck has no power and the rpms constantly get higher if put in park

Got in truck after work and cranked it up went to pull out of parking lot and truck had no power a wrench light came up on dash and if put in park the rpms climb slowly took to auto zone and wasnt showing any codes if the truck is in motion and you put in nuetral turn the key off and then fire it up again it gain power for a second or two and then goes right back to limp mode

Hi there:

The wrench light is service light indicator that alerts the driver that maintenance or service is due for a component. Most of the time, scan that Auto Zone will complete uses a basic scan tool, which does not factor or is unable to download all stored codes in the ECU. Anytime the vehicle goes into limp mode, an error has been detected inside the transmission or with one of the electrical sensors or components that are critical elements of the transmission system. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light is on inspection; even if the light is not activated, any stored codes caused by the transmission limp mode activation will be accessible and should pinpoint the source of your Ford Super Duty’s issues.

3. Wrench light came on truck has no power and the rpms constantly get higher if put in park