MY daughter's new Volvo will not start...Someone tried to...

MY daughter's new Volvo will not start...Someone tried to jump start it, but that didn't work Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded? No, the car has o...

MY daughter's new Volvo will not start...Someone tried to jump start it, but that didn't work Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded? No, the car has only 5,000 miles on it Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo? Volvo V60 year 2020 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your V60 yourself? What have you tried so far? Someone tried to jump start the car, with no success Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? The mechanic should call my daughter at(###) ###-####and talk directly to her ...Thank you

Automotive Expert
Hi and welcome to Just Answer! My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be the expert to assist you today. I’m sorry you’re having trouble with your vehicle; I know how frustrating it can be. Please understand I do not know your level of automotive expertise so I may need to ask questions to find out information in order to provide the best possible service and solution. There are times when it may take me a moment to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience. You mention it will not start with a Jump, are there any Warning lights illuminated on the dash? Do you know what [Engine](/topics-engine-volvo/) your daughter has in the car?

I am canceling this conversation, my daughter has someone coming tomorrow to assist her....I think the problem is the security system ....
Automotive Expert
OK, best of luck with the repairs. Have a great evening.