Q: How do you use the interior luggage compartment/emergency trunk release?

How do you use the interior luggage compartment/emergency trunk release?

A: Your car is equipped with an important safe...

Your car is equipped with an important safety feature to prevent the possibility of someone being trapped in the trunk. The interior luggage compartment/emergency trunk release can be pulled at any time to open the trunk. Here’s what you need to know:

• The interior luggage compartment/emergency trunk release is shaped like a T, and made of a material that glows in the dark.

• The release can be found either on the underside of the trunk lid, or near the taillights on the back wall of the trunk.

• Pulling the release opens the trunk.

• Push up on the trunk lid to open it completely.

Tips

• Always be familiar with where the emergency trunk release is located.

• Be alert when children are playing near the car. Use your best judgment about informing your children about the emergency release.