Q: How do you use the interior luggage compartment/emergency trunk release?

How do you use the interior luggage compartment/emergency trunk release?

Your car is equipped with an important safety feature to prevent the possibility of someone being trapped in the trunk. The interior luggage compartment/emergency trunk release can be pulled at any time to open the trunk. Here’s what you need to know:

• The interior luggage compartment/emergency trunk release is shaped like a T, and made of a material that glows in the dark.

• The release can be found either on the underside of the trunk lid, or near the taillights on the back wall of the trunk.

• Pulling the release opens the trunk.

• Push up on the trunk lid to open it completely.

Tips

• Always be familiar with where the emergency trunk release is located.

• Be alert when children are playing near the car. Use your best judgment about informing your children about the emergency release.

3. How do you use the interior luggage compartment/emergency trunk release?