Q: Truck wont start. Cranks but no start.

I changed the fuel filters, i primed the engine as per fords direction. When i started the truck it ran for about 15seconds then it shut off. Wont turn back on. Got a code P2291, i changed the oil to make surecaise it says that could fix it and started primingengine again and still no start.

A: Hi there: The P-2291 OBD-II trouble code i...

Hi there:

The P-2291 OBD-II trouble code is only found on diesel powered vehicles. It indicates that the injector control pressure for the high pressure oil has fallen below the threshold of acceptance set by the manufacturer during the cranking of the engine. Some of the common sources that trigger this code include a faulty injector pressure control sensor, bad oil injector control regulator or damaged wiring or connectors that are associated with this system. The first thing I'd do is double check the installation of the fuel filters; as I believe on the F-350 they are directional. If they check out ok, contact a professional mechanic to dig deeper into that trouble code, as they'll most likely find another code that will lead them to the individual component that's causing the low fuel pressure issue.