Q: The car is cranking but will not start. Have already checked fuel switch, alternator, fuel pump among other stuff.

I need help figuring out what the issue is. We have replaced alternator and fuel pump. As well as the transmission oil pump that got a hole in it from hitting a bump on a street too hard. Have checked gas switch and that is not it. Have made sure all cables and connections are connected right as well. Engine cranks right like its about to cut on but won't.

A: There are several possibilities for the sta...

There are several possibilities for the starting issue on your 1999 Ford Taurus. You need to have the vehicle scanned to see if you are getting camshaft and crankshaft sensor signals. One of these sensors are most likely not working or the coil pack is bad. If you are not getting fuel pressure, then the relay box for the fuel pump may not be turning on. If you want to have this looked at in person, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the starting problem and make the correct repairs.