Q: Q: Trip meter not working

Replaced my oil the other day and they recommended a new battery. I decided to get a new battery installed as well. Then, I noticed my trip meter constantly rolls over 000000, then 111111, then 222222, then 333333 and so on, back to 000000 and keeps with this cycle. Also, my check engine light just came on. Is this all from a new battery being installed?

Other than the above the car is in good condition and has no prior issues. Just wondering if the new battery installment caused the engine light to come on and the trip meter not to work properly. Thank you.

3. Q: Trip meter not working