Q: power booster brake problem

The brakes lock up when the vacuum line is connected to the power booster. When you disconnect the power booster vacuum line the brakes work. Is the power booster bad?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely having an issue with the booster, or more likely an issue with the linkage. There will be a rod from the pedal which controls manifold pressure inside of the booster. On the other side of this rod is a valve. It is either this valve or the rod which has failed. If the rod is having an issue, try to adjust it first before replacing it. The valve will likely need to be replaced, but more inspection will need to be done. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. power booster brake problem