Q: Can't shift gears while vehicle is running

asked by on February 17, 2016

The clutch pedal has no pressure and won't shift gears while my vehicle is running.

Clutch is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Two things come to mind. A worn clutch or a bad slave cylinder. If there are no hydraulic leaks visible, the issue is most likely a worn clutch. If this the case, the clutch along with the pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bushing and slave cylinder will need to be replaced. A certified technician will be able to take a look and pinpoint the issue with your clutch. Transmission removal is necessary and I suggest this be done by a qualified mechanic as well. A bleeding procedure will need to be followed after slave cylinder replacement for proper operation.