Q: What is the trailer sway control system?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What is the trailer sway control system?

While not all models have the trailer sway control system (TSC), if yours does, it provides important controls and safeguards when towing a trailer behind your SUV. Here’s what you need to know about this system:

• The TSC system is on automatically.

• It uses the AdvanceTrac® sensors to identify trailer sway and try to control it.

• Trailer sway control will remain active even if you turn off traction control.

• TSC doesn’t keep your trailer from swaying, but tries to limit the effects of that sway.

• The Stability Control light in the dash will come on if the TSC system is actively mitigating sway.

Tip

To turn off the TSC system, press the Stability Control button and hold it for over five seconds. The Traction Control light will flash briefly and then turn on. Press the Stability Control button to turn it back on. It will also turn back on when you crank the engine again.