Q: Noise when braking at low speed

When i am in traffic or break at a low speed, the front of my car sounds like someone jumping on an old mattress. I started noticing the noise right after I got my wheel bearing hub replaced and just passed inspection. What could this be?

Hello. I am not sure of your description of the sound, but I think you are describing a brake rotor runout causing the brake pads to gyrate and make a noise at low speeds and light braking it is most noticeable. You may need to have the rotors resurfaced or replaced and may even replace the front brake pads with the new rotors. If you would like to have the sound inspected first, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the cause of the noise and follow through with appropriate repairs.

3. Noise when braking at low speed