Q: I want to disable ABS and traction control on my car

asked by on May 12, 2016

I want to install a switch in my car to deactivate the ABS/traction control so that I can drive easier while in the desert. I have installed similar switches in a Jeep before by interrupting the Yaw rate signal. How can I do it on the Xterra?

I would not suggest disabling your ABS at any time, as it compromises vehicle performance and safety. As for you traction control, you should be able to turn it off manually using the dash mounted button. Your owner’s manual will have detailed information on how to do this.