Q: Noise toward the left from tire and axle

My car is making a grinding thumping noise toward the left front axle. Can't hear it from the out side. Doesn't make the noise when I turn. No wear on the tires.

Hi there. Without being there to complete a test drive and visually inspect your car, it’s hard to diagnose what might be causing the grinding, thumping noise. However, this type of noise from that front axle area is commonly associated with worn CV joint, wheel bearing, stabilizer bar link or bushings, and in some cases, a brake pad or warped brake rotor. The best advice I can give you is to contact a local ASE certified mechanic and have them test drive your car and inspect the car for damage in the front suspension area. They will be able to diagnose the noise before moving forward with repairs.