Q: My truck started to vibrate, lose power, etc.

asked by on October 21, 2016

My truck just started to vibrate/shake all throughout. It also seems like there's a loss of power in it too. It started to vibrate most when I started accelerating. Sometimes I smell gas as well. My engine light started to blink on me and my fuel cap light is on.

Tune-up $178.15 - $922.17 Get a Quote
Gas Cap Replacement $87.91 - $199.77 Get a Quote
Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. When your Check Engine Light is blinking during acceleration, this usually means that the engine is misfiring in more than one cylinder of the engine. The by the engine misfiring, it causes the computer to adjust how the engine runs and that maybe why the gas cap light is on. To solve your misfire issue the truck will need a complete tune up and the ignition control module replaced also. I suggest you replace the gas cap as well. If you are looking to have this done, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the loss of power symptoms and move forward with proper repairs.