Q: Q: Stalling issue

when im driving my car stalls out on me. When it comes to a complete stop it gets locked into park. The car will krank over but will not start. the only way im able to get it to start up is by shooting starting fluid straight into the corroborator. My question is that if this is either an issue with my spark plugs or fuel pump? i do have both p0420 and p1456 engine light code.

Hello, Code P0420 refers to your catalytic converter not working properly which may be caused by a faulty oxygen sensor or the catalytic converter itself may need to be replaced. Code P1456 refers to the evaporative emissions control system which can affect the way the catalytic converter performs depending on whether the computer is causing the motor to over or under fuel.

Your car has a small purge valve called a purge solenoid in the Evaporative Emissions system that controls the venting of fumes from the fuel tank as these fumes build up inside, particularly when you are refueling the car with gas. The EVAP system prevents fuel vapors from the fuel tank from escaping into the atmosphere. The EVAP system collects and temporarily stores the fuel vapors in the charcoal canister. The charcoal canister is filled with activated carbon pellets that can absorb the fuel vapors. When the engine is running, the fuel vapors are purged from the canister and burned in the engine. The vent control valve (solenoid) controls the flow of outside air in and out of the charcoal canister. The vent valve is controlled by the engine computer (PCM). Normally the vent valve is open. It closes when the engine computer tests the EVAP system for leaks. If a leak in the EVAP system is detected, the Check Engine light will illuminate on the dash and the trouble code related to the problem will be stored in the engine computer. When an air leak is present in the EVAP system, the MAP sensor will not be able to determine the air density, and the MAF sensor will not be able to determine the volume of air, entering the engine correctly. This will lead to an over fueling situation or an under fueling situation depending on the size of the air leak and engine operating speeds and load. This may eventually lead to catalytic converter problems as well as misfiring problems. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Stalling issue