Q: Somehow my headlights melted

I’m pretty disappointed in my 2010 GMC Acadia right now. I noticed that one of my daytime running lights went out the other day, so I bought a bulb to replace the burnt one. When I looked at the housing up close, I noticed that the enclosure was all burnt and melted over the bulb! How does this happen? Is this a wiring issue or something with the battery? I have never seen this before. Vehicle has 65k miles on it.

A: This issue is completely covered under an o...

This issue is completely covered under an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) campaign to replace any melted headlight assembly parts, replace bulbs and connectors as needed. The campaign numbers for coverage are 12143A, 14823 and 15292. The warranty coverage has been extended to 10 years or 120,000 miles. Call and make an appointment to have the campaign done at no cost to you.