Q: My car has a radiator leak and I need to get it to my mechanic

My car has a radiator leak and it has been sitting in my garage for two weeks. I need to drive it to my mechanic who is 9 miles away from where I live in LA, but I'm not sure if it will cause damage to the engine. I have coolant liquid in my car which I can refill it with as I go along the way and was just wondering if that's good enough to get my car there. Will that be ok for me to do?

If the radiator has to be replaced because it leaks, that replacement can be performed right at your location (without moving the car) by a mobile mechanic. If you desire that service, please request radiator replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you desire to bring the car to a mechanic, the practicality of that will simply depend on how large the leak is, although any leak will make it impossible for the cooling system to operate under pressure and thus the system could boil over even with a relatively small leak. Unfortunately, without seeing the car and understanding the exact extent of the leak, it is impossible to advise whether it is safe to drive and, if so, what sort of distance might be safe. Generally, if you have a known leak, the most prudent course is to either have the car towed or just simply avail yourself of YourMechanic’s mobile repair service which will save you money, too, because you don’t have to pay the considerable overhead associated with in-shop or dealer repairs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car has a radiator leak and I need to get it to my mechanic