Q: Lights not working

None of my lights are working. The outside lights don't work, and my dash isn't lit either.

A: It appears that your Mercury Sable is havin...

It appears that your Mercury Sable is having electrical problems with its lights. If you would like to investigate this yourself, attempt to locate the fuse box for your Mercury Sable. If you do not know where it is located, refer to the vehicle owner manual. There will also be a chart labeling the various fuses. Find the fuse for your Sable’s lights. There may be more than one fuse as well. Be sure to check your fuses visually with the key off.

If investigating the fuse does not resolve your issue, then it is likely that your Mercury is having a problem with the combination headlight switch or the wiring to the switch. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and inspect your lighting system. They will have the experience and tools needed to quickly determine why your lights are not working as well and make any necessary repairs to keep you driving safely with all your lights illuminating.