Q: My car is not starting.

On my 2010 buick lucerne I'm having starting issues. When I try to start the car I hear one click noise, every light on my dash goes off and when key is in on position (after attempting to start) the anti theft lock light is on and as well the engine light...i tried to start the car with my dome light is on to see of its a battery going bad and the light does not go dim. Now every other day I am able to start it no problems. I tried to do the ignition relearn process and it started. Wondering what else I should try? So far every other day I am unable to start it?

Typically, your symptoms would point to a failing starter assembly. Sometimes the unit may just make a click noise or do nothing at all. When you say you tried to start the car and the lights do not go dim, that tells me the large power draw that usually comes from the starter is not present as this will usually dim the lights momentarily and most starters will fail intermittently at first before they completely fail. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can check to make sure the starter is receiving the signal from the ignition system and if this signal is present with no starter operation, you have a failed starter.