Q: Engine made ringing sound followed by the Oil and Check Engine Light coming on.

While driving, the engine made a ringing sound like metal tapping. In addition, the Oil Light and the Check Engine Light came on.

A: Hello, it sound like you have a loss of oil...

Hello, it sound like you have a loss of oil pressure. The first thing to check would be the oil level to see if oil should be added. With the oil level correct the engine can be started and if the oil light comes back on and the engine is noisy, there is a chance the oil pump has failed. Depending on how old the engine is, if there is no oil pressure, there is a chance that the engine is damaged and will need to be replaced. You may need to enlist the aid of a mechanic to make a determination on the condition of the engine.