Q: Speed Sensing Door Lock In Hyundai Grand i10

Hello, I have Hyundai Grand i10 AT 2014 model in India and today suddenly when I clicked on the Engine start button, instead of start it showed me the complete display on odo. But when I pushed the button again, it started normally. As soon as i moved my car forward the doors locked automatically which never happen before. Then i checked many time that whenever I reach 10kmph the door locks automatically. Whole day It worked but then I tried combinations to see how it worked, then again speed sensing door locking stopped working. As per Hyundai service center here, they said there is no such feature in my car but my question is that how it worked the whole day? Please help me because I need that feature and I am sure it is there in the car but need some kind of combination to activate it.

Often when manufacturers sell vehicles in different countries, some features are not available in every market they sell the vehicle. Sometimes it’s due to different components and sometimes it’s just settings within the vehicle’s electronics. Using the auto-lock feature as an example: This feature may work in some countries and not others not due to different electronic control units, but because of different settings within the electronics. If Hyundai chose not to have the auto-lock feature active in your country, then the settings within the electronics may be switched off and because your local dealer may not be aware of that system being available in other markets and can be switched, they may be unaware of the feature or unwilling to change the settings within the system due to issues with the Hyundai corporate policies. It may have temporarily worked in your vehicle due to a software glitch or even a voltage issue. If the battery ran a bit low, settings may have temporarily changed until the vehicle was driven and battery voltage returned to the correct levels. Electronics can be very sensitive to voltage changes. Have the battery checked for correct voltage. There can also be an issues that’s come about with the vehicle electronics that are just starting to show up - features working or not working as the first sign of issues. If the issue returns, try to take pictures or record a video to show them to your dealership. Also, ask them if it is possible to connect their diagnostic equipment to the vehicle and search for Settings that may control the auto-lock feature and activate it if they can. Some technicians may have a little more information than others on how to activate this feature if it is switchable.

3. Speed Sensing Door Lock In Hyundai Grand i10