Q: Engine

Every now and then when I drive around about 10 15 minutes my engine sounds like it's knocking and then when I slow down to stop my rpm drops to 0 the oil gage goes to L and my car stops. Any idea?

A: To properly diagnose this, more information...

To properly diagnose this, more information and testing is needed. The next time this occurs, take a look at the temperature gauge. A thermostat that sticks intermittently can cause the vehicle to overheat. The result is that the engine oil becomes thinner and is unable to properly lubricate the engine. That would cause both the noise you hear and the low oil pressure.

When internal components get hotter than normal, it is possible for them to over expand slightly. This would require more power from the engine to keep rotating and may be the cause of stalling. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to fully diagnose the stalling issue and help you move forward with repairs.