Q: Emissions light came on scanned car got p2180 then few days later on highway gas pedal radomly go out. Now won't kick over. What i

Emissions light came on scanned car got a p2180 code from it. Few days later the car in idle starts reving up and going back down after it hits critical working temperature. A few days after that while driving on highway in 5 th gear the gas pedal randomly would go limp and the suddenly come back like I popped the clutch really hard. Got it home like 8 miles in that condition. Went out later that night noticed the small lights on brake light assembly where blinking. Unplugged batt for night. Next morning barged batt outside of car. Now the car will not start. I can't get it to kick over stater isn't engaging.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The symptoms and the code that you have received are both synonymous with an issue with the mass airflow sensor, or a faulty oxygen sensor. Either way, between the two sensors and their systems, your vehicle is having trouble regulating the fuel and air mixture that is being sent to the engine. Typically this is a simple sensor issue. You can either switch both sensors, or you can do some further electrical testing to see which sensor has failed. Now concerning the starter not having power to crank over the engine, you may have a dead or faulty battery on top of these other issues. The original issue would not stop the vehicle from cranking, from starting yes, but the starter would still engage. Try having the battery tested, or installing a new one depending on its age. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Emissions light came on scanned car got p2180 then few days later on highway gas pedal radomly go out. Now won't kick over. What i