Q: Car won't start. The check engine light, battery light, and oil change light are coming on. I tried jumping the car and nothing happened. Why won't my car start?

What could be the problem the headlights are still coming on but the car won't start. I recently changed the alternator but the car won't start sometimes n then starts up again. The check engine light battery light and oil change light all came on what could be the problem. I tried jumping it still nothing help!?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. If sometimes your vehicle will start with the new alternator and sometimes it won’t, then there is a loose connection in your charging system. Check all of the wires to the alternator and to the battery. Make sure that the battery cables are clean and tight. Make sure that the wires to the starter are clean and tight. A loose ground to the ignition system will cause the vehicle to not crank over. Check all of the ground wires from the battery to the starter. Make sure that they are clean and tight. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your no start situation, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you.

3. Car won't start. The check engine light, battery light, and oil change light are coming on. I tried jumping the car and nothing happened. Why won't my car start?