Q: Changed bypass hose now engine overheats

why does engine overheat after changing bypass hose?

A: Hello there, a few common faults will resul...

Hello there, a few common faults will result in your 2003 Hyundai overheating after the bypass hose was replaced. The most common would be air trapped in the coolant system. This is common after repairs have been performed if the cooling system was not bled and prevents coolant from flowing where the air is trapped. If the system was bled then a leak may be present.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your overheating engine and make any repairs required.