Q: Car running rough and trying to stall

My car is idling rough and acting like it wants to stall. It will take off sputtering when I press the gas pedal. I also hear a squeak from one of the pulleys.

Hi. The idle air control valve needs replacing because it sounds like the idling is rough on your vehicle. Also, if you have a pulley starting to seize up, which include the idler pulley and the tensioner pulley, they may be lugging the engine down and making your car idle roughly. A mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, would be able to diagnose the problems for you. If a basic tune-up is needed, it should be done to make sure the problem is not a simple fix and to ensure the engine runs better overall.

3. Car running rough and trying to stall