Q: Headlights wont turn on?

asked by on May 18, 2016

My high beams work but my right light will go out once I put the regular lights

Headlight is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This could be as simple as a failed bulb or a failed fuse, or it could be a wiring issue. I would of course start with checking the bulb and fuse. There are either separate bulbs, or separate elements within the same bulb for high beam vs low beam. So even though your high beams work, you could have a failed low beam bulb or element on the right side. I would start by replacing the right low beam bulb, and see if it works again. You should also check the fuses, as many vehicles have a separate fuse for each side low beam, and each side high beam, for a total of 4 headlight fuses. If after checking the fuses and replacing the right low beam bulb, your headlight still is not working, then you should seek help from a professional. YourMechanic can send a certified technician to your home or work to diagnose your headlight issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr