Q: Car overheated, now it won't start

Buddy's car overheated so we pulled off road and shut the car off to let it cool. Checked all fluids. Radiator cap wasn't on right, but there was still coolant in it. Added coolant to top it off after the motor was cool to touch. No coolant in oil. Tried to start the car it would turn over but wouldn't start. Pulled spark plugs no water in cylinders. Pulled fuel line after fuel filter turned key and fuel came out. No check engine lights. Obd-II showed no code (just in case engine light was out)

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. I recommend c...

Hello, thanks for writing in. I recommend checking for spark. The overheat may have damaged an ignition coil or possibly a camshaft sensor or a crankshaft sensor. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.