Q: Car making clicking noise

When idling, my car makes a clicking noise from under the hood.

Hello, a noise under the hood is usually associated with something on the belt drive system. It could be one of the bearings starting to fail or the belt is noisy or coming apart. You should get this diagnosed so you know it wont leave you stranded. The other thing it could be is a noisy lifter in the engine. A noisy lifter not necessarily a bad thing unless it completely collapsed. I would recommend enlisting the aid of mechanic to listen to and diagnose the noise so that you can have the right repairs completed.

3. Car making clicking noise