Q: Car does not start sometimes, sometimes it does.

Hey, i have a problem with my 2003 GMC sierra 1500 4.8L v8. When i try and start it sometimes it wont start. I put the key in accessory mode right before i crank the engine and all my gauges start moving like normal but when i try and turn the engine on they freeze and the whole truck loses power. Everything just dies and it feels like i have no battery, everything just turns off. I have to get out and disconnect the battery then reconnect it and it will start just fine. Any ideas?

Try disconnecting the battery. Disconnect the electrical connections to the body control and engine control modules. Apply dielectric lube to the pins and seals using small amounts only. Reconnect the modules and then reconnect the battery to see if this fixes the problem for you. If the problem persists, or if you want to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue.

3. Car does not start sometimes, sometimes it does.