Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-gbqbgbjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-gbqbgbjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-5336-gbqbgbjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-gbqbgbjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-gbqbgbjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-gbqbgbjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-gbqbgbjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-gbqbgbjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-gbqbgbjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-5336-gbqbgbjs:173:8

Q: Car cannot be started, engine unresponsive

I cannot start my car. I had the battery checked and it is not causing the problem. The radio quit working the day before this happened. The headlights, alarm and dashboard lights work fine. The engine however is totally unresponsive. There isn't even a click when I attempt to start it. What could be causing this?

A: These types of issues can be real tricky. T...

These types of issues can be real tricky. The ignition switch is vital to many of the items in the electrical as many modules and vehicle processes, such as starting, are initiated by the ignition switch.

The vehicle starting system has many preconditions that have to be satisfied in order for the starting process to be initiated. Some of these include: the vehicle must be in neutral or park, the immobilizer circuit must be in sync with the key transmission, the crankshaft signal needs to indicate a speed below the preprogrammed threshold, and more. Then the starter system outputs need to be looked at if all inputs and preconditions check out. Relay, starter motor, etc.

Common no start, no click possibilities include: a faulty transmission range selector switch, an ignition switch, a bad key, or a faulty starter relay. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose your starting issue.