Q: My car is leaking black fluid from underneath

My vehicle is slightly leaking black fluid from underneath the car

A: Hello. Most likely, due to the make and mod...

Hello. Most likely, due to the make and model of your vehicle, the fluid you are leaking is engine oil. A majority of other fluids are not black unless something is seriously wrong with the vehicle. Even so, at that point, you should have a variety of other symptoms to be concerned about. Oil leaks can come from the engine, the oil lines, or the oil pan. All of which would leak down and show themselves under the car. You may be low on oil at this point, and that will cause damage to the engine. You should start by having the oil level checked. If it is seriously low, you know the leak is bad enough to be urgent. If it is a slow leak, that means you have a little more time to work with. Any and all leaks should be of some concern, however some are definitely more serious than others. Check the oil and make sure you are ok to drive, then find and repair the oil leak.