Q: Obd1 code 45 car miss firing and stalling

I got code 45 on my 1983 monte carlo 3.8 L v6. I just had my carburetor rebuild and a full tune up with new spark plugs wires distributor cap and new rotor and thermostat but my car still not running right it is misfiring and stalling

The carburetor on these cars have a mixture control solenoid that goes bad and I would suggest replacing the solenoid if you got a Code 23 with or without Codes 44 and 45. Since you overhauled the carburetor, the adjustment screws for the lean and rich screws are very easy to get out of adjustment and may be set too lean for a high mileage engine. I recommend you get the computer tested first to see what code is received and the carburetor checked to see if all adjustments are set correctly. The carburetor may need to be rebuilt again to clear passages of debris and set float levels again. I recommend contacting a professional mechanic to come and check your car for you. They will be able to diagnose your engine’s misfiring issue and stalling problem.