Q: EGR Valve and Airbag lights are on

The EGR valve and Airbag lights are on in my car.

Hello. It sounds like you have two different issues with your car. Most of the time, if the EGR valve is failing and setting codes it needs to be replaced. It is common for the EGR valve to fail or for the EGR sensor to fail. A certified mechanic can help replace your EGR valve if needed.

As for the Air Bag Light, this comes on when the system sees a problem. Most of the time the issue is in the driver’s side air bag clock spring in the steering column. These wear out over time. Before replacing anything I typically install a computer scan tool to see what the codes are to help to isolate the problem. If you are going to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your Air Bag Light.

3. EGR Valve and Airbag lights are on