Changing thermostat did not stop car from overheating. th...

Q: Changing thermostat did not stop car from overheating.

My car is overheating. I had the thermostat changed, but it stills overheats.

Air or restrictions in the system or low coolant level are the two most common causes of overheating. I would look near the thermostat that was just replaced to ensure that it isn’t leaking. If it is not I would contact the person who replaced your thermostat and make sure that they bled the air from the cooling system properly. If not ask them to perform that service again and see if your results change. If nothing changes have a cooling system pressure test done to determine if you have any other leaks. It is also possible that the technician who installed your thermostat simply forgot to top off the coolant level at the end resulting in overheating from a low fluid level.