Q: A/C Compressor Turning On/Off

My A/C compressor will randomly cycle on/off. I've been told it's the Evaporator Temp Sensor by a shop I trust in town. They are letting me buy the part and bring it to them. Is there an alternative name for the Evaporator Temp Sensor? I am having a hard time finding a part on the auto part retailer sites.

Unfortunately, the evaporator temperature sensor is what that part is commonly known as in the industry. It is possible that this sensor is integrated into the evaporator and may need to be purchased as one unit.

I would also recommend to make sure that the refrigerant level is full as this can cause the compressor to cycle on and off as well. If the refrigerant level is low, this is certainly the cause of your issue and I would recommend having the system recharged.

If the EVAP temp sensor is the actual cause, I would recommend searching for an evaporator assembly.

3. A/C Compressor Turning On/Off