Q: The engine will not turn over. The battery and fuses are okay.

was starting ok i think the problem started,when i replaced the bat,all lights come on dash,with switch on position 2 of switch move to start,nothing not even a click,tried in park or neutral,all,fuses are o.k.batt.shows 12.6 volts with a draw meter,i tried to syncronize the key,according to manual,no go,can you help,i am a mech.but this one,frustrate me.

3

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. Since the problem started when you had replaced the battery, check the wires to the battery and make sure that they are not corroded. Also, check the battery cables for they are on the correct posts, meaning negative (-) cable on the negative (-) post and the positive (+) cable on the positive (+) post. Also, check to see that when the wires were removed that if there was anything disturbed. Sometimes other wires to the fuse box can be moved causing them to come loose and creating a no start situation. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your no start situation.

3. The engine will not turn over. The battery and fuses are okay.