Q: When accelerating I hear a poping noise coming from under the car like where the muffler is at and it hapoens on and off at times

When accelerating like on a 4 lane road the car makes the poping noise while I'm accelerating and when I'm in neighborhoods the noise stops and the check engine light is on

A: I would first check the computer to see wha...

I would first check the computer to see what code is in the computer's memory and have it diagnosed. You may be having problems with the intake manifold runner control plates sticking in the intake manifold. This can cause the intake to not change from the long runner for power to the short runner for fuel mileage. If this happens it can cause a lean pop in the engine. One other possible problem may be that the mass airflow sensor is contaminated and needs to be cleaned. I'd suggest having a clean paper air filter installed as well.

I'd suggest getting your vehicle checked by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the tools and experience to properly diagnose your Check Engine Light. The necessary repairs can then be made once the issue has been pinpointed. Good luck.