Q: Various lights as well as radio don't work anymore

We were on vacation for a month and so our car sat in the garage, undriven. Now the running lights, interior lights, and dash lights don't work. After I replace fuses, they blow out when I turn on the headlights. Plus it has caused the stereo system to malfunction and no volume. What is your diagnostic opinion.

The first thing I would check is under the hood and under the dash for signs that a mouse did not get in there and make a home. Mice will eat the outer covering off of the wires and other things and make nests with it. Look for any bare wires to the head lights and under the dash. Also look for any mice droppings in the car of under the hood. This is a sure sign you have had visitors while you were away. When they eat the wires then they short out and blow fuses. If you do not see any issues then call a mechanic out to check for the cause of the short that is blowing the fuses.