Q: The securilock won't let me start the car

The car worked perfectly on Friday and didn't drive it all weekend. Today I went to start it and all the panel lights went on and the gauges flipped like crazy and I got a weird click but the engine didn't start. The securilock light started rapidly blinking and remained in lock out. Tried several ways to disarm it because that's what was flashing on the panel....to turn it off but it wouldn't disarm. Now my husband tried and it said (check brake system) and still won't start. I'm confused if it's a bad battery in the remote or we need to replace the brakes which we were going to this weekend because they are going bad or try to jump start it but everything is working except the key isn't being recognized but it was programmed by the dealership when we bought it in 2013. When I think about it the red light hasn't been flashing at all when in park and the doors are locked for guide awhile I think.

Hello, thanks for writing in. Typically when the gauges move like this it is due to a voltage issue. Most of the time it is because the battery has failed. In some cases it can just be the connection at the battery, but most of the time it is the battery itself. I usually start by load testing the battery. If it is fine then I test the battery cables for any internal failure. Most of the time the security system or key fob will not cause this to occur. If you need to have this no start problem repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this problem.

3. The securilock won't let me start the car