Q: Tahoe is dying when getting to regular temperature of 210

Vehicle is dying when getting to regular temperature of 210, then I let set for 15-20 mins it will start right up until it warms up again, then dies. It won't start until it cools down again. I don't have access to a scanner.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The first step you should take is to service the cooling system. There are several things you can and should do in this process. You will want to start by checking your thermostat. The thermostat can be faulty, or clogged. Either would cause the flow of coolant to be reduced and cause issues with the entire cooling system. You may also want to change the flush the radiator. When you do this, make sure you are replacing the coolant with a 50/50 mix of Dextron coolant. Chevy parts are meant to be run with this brand. The other component that can cause problems is your water pump. If your water pump isn’t working correctly, it can cause the same issues. As far as your dashboard reading is concerned, any number of the issues we listed can cause that reading to be off. The thermometer is also meant to read fluid only. If it is not completely submerged, then the reading will be off. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Tahoe is dying when getting to regular temperature of 210